The SISTAS program is designed to provide educational resources and support to prevent domestic and sexual abuse and victimization for women staying at Interfaith Sanctuary. Key program goals include:
1) Creating a safe and supportive environment for women to share their experiences and build supportive relationships.
2) Sharing information about the types of support that are available to them including companion support, professional support, spiritual support, self-help, and physical support.
3) Developing a personal safety plan that utilizes new skills for better decision making.
The SISTAS Program will launch with a 3 day retreat – Finding a Safe Place – at the Nazareth Center in Boise. The retreat is funded in part by a grant through the Idaho Episcopal Foundation. Following the retreat, weekly SISTAS meetings will be held to continue this work.
Weekend bags will be created for all the women participants. If you’d like to make a financial donation or supply any of these items, please email Karen Morton, Sistas Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. For financial donations for this project, please indicate in the memo section of your check: “Sistas Retreat”.
Each item has been linked to Amazon. If you are not in the area and want to donate please send donations to:
1020 W. Main Street, Ste. 100E4 Boise, Idaho 83702
- 15 Journals (monetary donation so we can purchase the same type for all – $150)
- 15 Pens
- 14 small tubes of toothpaste
- 10 small travel size deodorant
- 15 small travel sized shampoo
- 15 small travel sized body wash
- 15 small packs of facial wipes
- 15 purse-size Kleenex
- 15 small travel sized hand sanitizer
- 15 Nightgowns (monetary donation so we can purchase similar type and correct sizes – $300)
- 15 Books – Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail. Author, Cheryl Strayed