We are currently hiring for a p/t Swing Shift Manager position. If you know of anyone who may be interested, please forward!
Interfaith Sanctuary Homeless Shelter is accepting job applications for a part-time swing shift manager for Thursday – Saturday nights – 5:00 pm to 12:00 am. Some daytime hours are required for staff meetings and there is opportunity for additional hours throughout the year.
- Some work and/or volunteer experience with vulnerable populations.
- Excellent skills with people.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work within a sometimes stressful environment.
- Some managerial experience.
- Ability to effectively respond to emergency situations.
- Basic computer and emailing skills including general proficiency with Word and Excel.
- Ability to effectively manage community & guest volunteers.
- Understands and is able to abide by the values of Interfaith Sanctuary.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Manages up to 160 shelter guests during the swing shift from 5 pm – 12 am, Thursday – Saturday nights.
- Attends 2-3 regularly scheduled monthly daytime meetings (2nd, 3rd, and last Thursdays – scheduled beginning at 3 pm at the earliest).
- Responds to shelter guest needs and requests throughout the evening including processing new intakes, interacting with emergency personnel, problem-solving, managing community and shelter guest volunteers, and providing assistance as needed.
- Communicates as needed throughout the shift to management staff and in the evening through emailed shift reports.
Compensation: Starting pay is $12 per hour. This is a part-time (approx. 24 hours per week) hourly position. Additional hours are often available throughout the year. Benefits include an employee medical reimbursement plan and paid leave.
To Apply: Please e-mail the completed application to info (at) interfaithsanctuary.org with a subject line of “Swing Shift Manager.” A resume may be included as additional materials, but may not substitute for the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications may not be mailed, faxed, or delivered to the shelter or administration offices. Application materials can be submitted in Word or PDF formats and can be found online at https://interfaithsanctuary.org/employment/. Application materials are reviewed upon receipt. Questions on this position should be sent via email only to info (at) interfaithsanctuary.org.
Position will remain open until filled.
Interfaith Sanctuary is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.